Few words terrify patients like “root canal.” Your dentist might suggest a root canal if you have damaged teeth, severe cavities, an abscess, or trauma from past dental procedure. When it comes to having root canal treatment, the field of dentistry offers two options. Either your regular dentist can perform your work, or else a specialist.
Who is the Root Canal Specialist In Chennai ?
Just like any other dentist, endodontists are dental specialists who perform Root Canal Treatment as they specialize in it. Their additional training focuses on diagnosing tooth pain and performing root canal treatment and other procedures relating to the interior of the tooth. In many cases, a diseased tooth can be saved with endodontic treatment. For this reason, endodontists are sometimes referred to as Specialists in Saving Teeth.
Besides performing standard Root Canal Treatment in Chennai, endodontists often take on patients referred to them by general dentists, where complicating factors make treatment more difficult. They also perform endodontic surgical procedures such as apicectomy, where infected tissue is removed from the tip of the tooth’s root. Additionally, endodontists are sometimes called on to perform endodontic re-treatment (where a prior root canal has failed), or to treat pulp damage in cases of traumatic dental injury. Their advice can be extremely helpful in situations where a difficult decision must be made: Is it worthwhile to try saving a tooth, or best to extract it instead?
Having a specialist perform your work has some basic advantages associated with it:
- More advanced equipment. – The kinds of equipment that an endodontist utilizes in their practice typically lies at a full level above that of a general dentist. As examples, most use a surgical microscope and possibly even 3D x-ray imaging.
- A higher level of diagnostic skills. – Along with greater expertise and the use of more sophisticated equipment generally comes a greater ability to diagnose difficult cases.
- Shorter/fewer appointments. – Since as a specialist they only perform endodontic procedures, you can anticipate that an endodontist will be quite adept in providing treatment. And that should translate in to shorter and/or fewer appointments.
- Higher treatment success rates. – Research studies suggest that work completed by endodontists, especially for certain kinds of teeth, tends to have a higher success rate.
- More expert pain management. – It’s only logical to assume that a practitioner who’s “seen it all before” will be more likely to be able to anticipate and manage their patient’s pain-related problems