When your tooth is damaged but not lost, a dental crown is the best alternative to restore its structure and function. Crown, often called as a ‘cap’ is an artificial tooth that covers the damaged tooth. It encircles the natural tooth, thus giving it back the natural appearance and desired strength.
Crowns may be suggested for various reasons such as:
- Most commonly after RCT, to reinforce the undergoing tooth
- Over a discoloured, fractured or worn out tooth to improve its appearance
- To strengthen a tooth with an extensive filing since it is structurally compromised.
- Over an implant to provide tooth-like shape and structure
- To replace a missing tooth by crowning its adjacent teeth.
- For proper alignment of teeth to enhance the cosmetic appearance (digital smile makeover)
- Many types of crowns are available, but with the increased aesthetic requirement, the tooth-coloured or the metal free crowns are the ones being used widely.
Dentistree offers you a wide range of crowns such as:
They are metal free crowns that are made up of the element – Zirconium that has properties similar to diamond. That is, it possesses both strength and beauty.
These are biocompatible crowns that are very strong and resistant to corrosion, unlike metal crowns. They help in facilitating perfect aesthetic results since its optical properties are similar to a natural tooth. These crowns are fabricated by using the CAD-CAM technology giving the desired strength, fit, function and aesthetics.
We offer 3M ESPE Lava crowns and bridges that are Lava Zirconia-based restorations overlaid with an approved veneering ceramic. These are one of the most beautiful types of ceramic crowns that are ideal for front tooth restoration.
How are Lava Crowns different from Zirconia Crowns?
- Zirconium can be chemically similar, but once processed, the mechanical and optical properties can be altered to result in a different type of matter, that is Lava.
- Lava restorations provide long-term stability since they have high strength, excellent fit and are biocompatible. They also have resistance to marginal discolouration.
- The Lava crowns have a unique shading system and are available in 15-18 shades. Three types of lava crowns are available manufactured by 3M that provide a warranty.
- 3M Lava premium is the most aesthetic type of crown with over 15 years of warranty
- 3M Lava classic is translucent and helps in gingival regeneration due to its biocompatibility and comes with 10 years of warranty
- 3M Lava essential is a cost-effective type of crown with five years warranty and is available in 3 shades.
The traditional dental crown procedure requires at least two appointments with the dentist and it usually takes upto a week to restore the damaged teeth. With Sirona crowns, this restoration can be done within one day and you’ll leave your dentist with your tooth and smile fully restored in just a few hours.
Also called as the ‘one day crown’, it uses the latest CEREC technology which a method of CAD CAM.
Dentistree utilizes this technology to provide crowns to the patient in a single appointment, rather than multiple appointments.
How is Sirona different from other types of crowns?
Sirona is nothing but full-contour Zirconia having high flexural strength, biocompatibility. It is suitable for individual crowns as well as small bridges and can be processed in thin wall thicknesses. This pre-shaded CEREC Zirconia material is designed for time-saving and thus the crowns can be given in a day.